Frequently Asked Questions
1/4″ long or 3 weeks worth of hair growth from your last shave if its your first time waxing.
– Gently exfoliate the area two days before your service. (Do NOT exfoliate the day of your waxing)
– Take a shower/bath with warm water to soften your hair and open up the pores.
– Avoid caffeine/alcohol 2-4 hours before your appointment.
– Take an Ibuprofen 30 mins before.
– Wear loose clothing and cotton underwear to your appointment.
– For the first 24-48 hours, avoid any activity that will cause you to seat excessively (working out, sauna, hot baths, intimacy, tanning beds, direct sun exposure, etc.)
– Do not apply deodorant for the remainder of the day for underarm services or make-up on the face for facial services.
– Keep the area clean and moisturized.
– Begin exfoliating the area 48-72 hrs after your wax 2-3x’s a week.
Pain level varies per person. Discomfort will minimize after each wax by staying on a 4-6 week waxing schedule and exfoliating 2-3x’s per week.
**DO NOT SHAVE IN BETWEEN YOUR WAXING SERVICES**
Facial services/Underarms- every 2 to 3 weeks
Bikini area/Body- every 4 to 6 weeks
(Everyone is different. During your initial visit, I will recommend when to schedule your next visit)
Results vary from person to person and there are many factors on the results. Even though it can take up to 3-4 sessions for a completely smooth wax, regrowth can occur within 1-2 weeks the first 3-4 months. The more you wax and maintain a great skin care regimen, the longer your results will last.
Irritation/breakouts are common. Avoid products that contain high fragrances until breakouts are gone and use a fragrance-free body wash and lotion. After care instructions are given out after your initial appointment.
Even though you may be more sensitive during this time or a couple of days before, you may wax during your menstrual cycle. Please place in a new tampon right before your appointment and wipes are provided.
Yes, waxing is safe during pregnancy. If you have any other concerns, please consult with your doctor prior to your appointment.
Lifted skin or a burn can occur if you are on any of these medications. DISCONTINUE USE 7 DAYS BEFORE AND AFTER WAXING OF THE FOLLOWING: Retin-A, Adapalene, Alustra Avage,Avita, Differin, Duac, Epiduo, Isotretinoin, Renova, Tazarac, Tazarotene, Tretinoin, Ziana
STOP USING 1 YEAR PRIOR TO WAXING: Accutane and can only be waxed with a doctors note.
IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT ANY OF THESE MEDICATIONS/CREAMS, PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DERMATOLOGIST BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT.